The Vancouver Art Gallery says it has set a new attendance record of more than 600,000 in 2017-18.
The gallery says the figure beats last year’s attendance by close to 100,000. Membership passed 37,000, it said in a news release.
“Looking back, it has been, by all accounts, a milestone year for the gallery marked by exceptional programs, record attendance and revenue,” Kathleen S. Bartels, VAG director, said in the release.
The VAG’s numbers include attendance at the gallery and an estimate of the number of people who visited Offsite, the gallery’s public art site on West Georgia.
The gallery announced that it has acquired 240 new art works which brings the total in the collection to almost 12,000.
The gallery’s total operational revenue was $21.4 million, which exceeded budgeted expectations by $1.4 million. Admissions generated almost $5 million, memberships $1.25 million and retail sales $3.9 million. Combined with private sector fundraising and funds from its endowment, that revenue accounted for 82 per cent; the remaining 18 per cent came from government sources.
Note from WSOE.Org : This content has been auto-generated from a syndicated feed.