A select number of tickets went on sale for both weekends of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival at 11 a.m. on Friday, June 14, and people clamoring to get tickets expressed their excitement, anxiety and frustration on social media as some were successful and others ran into website errors.
The festival, which will happen April 10-12 and April 17-19, 2020 at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, has had an advance sale in the weeks after the previous festival wraps up for a number of years now. It’s the only opportunity for fans who want to take advantage of a payment plan. This year, all that was needed for a down payment was $25.
Before 11 a.m., people were excited as they prepared to purchase tickets. And they eagerly awaited the little blue man who moves across the waiting room screen to track their progress in line.
Ready for all the running mans. #Coachella
— Justin Cruz (@jcruzzzz) June 14, 2019
To everyone getting Coachella 2020 tickets today pic.twitter.com/zY4CBTTEtu
— Alejandra (@MAHSPACEEE) June 14, 2019
— Maria Ball (@mrsmariaball) June 14, 2019
— el conejo malo (@le0tron28) June 14, 2019
Sadly, the little blue running man was not moving any faster than he normally does, according to some users.
— Kamaron Leach (@Kamaron) June 14, 2019
— Tina B (@Kissmyblum88) June 14, 2019
Coachella running man about halfway (presale for next year's fest) pic.twitter.com/NvxMsMcvGl
— Thoughts and Beyers (@pmayjr) June 14, 2019
Perhaps watching the little blue man was the problem.
Rumor is, if you stare too much at the Coachella little guy, it won't walk
— Stephanie Barragan (@Baitster) June 14, 2019
However, some serious problems began as the ticketing site crashed for people who were in the process of purchasing tickets.
— d i n h u w . (@DinhuWilliams) June 14, 2019
Really Coachella? Network error?
— ___theKing___ (@___theKing___) June 14, 2019
— Charlie Goldensohn (@CGoldensohn) June 14, 2019
@coachella why is the website acting up! I've been redirected trying to get my tickets!!!
— Cris (@krystalove9) June 14, 2019
@coachella just a heads up I was waiting to buy tickets and got to the page to pick passes and there were three blue dots loading and nothing every came up on the page. After it kicked me out of the check out because my session had expired..
— (@itssXoch) June 14, 2019
@coachella this year is easily my WORST experience trying to buy tickets. And this will be my 7th year going. Maybe not anymore, since I can’t add tickets to my cart. Sick.
— Victoria Vasiliki (@XOVictoriaP) June 14, 2019
Literally had Coachella tickets IN MY CART and the site kicked me out. Thanks
— brooke (@badfeeliings) June 14, 2019
Getting @coachella tickets is always stressful, but this by far is the worst year! I’m really disappointed
— L.A. (@_LalaLands_) June 14, 2019
Some people ended up giving up.
Looking like no dice on those Coachella passes. My blue man is spinning it's wheels and hasn't moved for a good 20-30 minutes lol. If the lineup is decent I'll try to buy again in January. Oh well.
— Thoughts and Beyers (@pmayjr) June 14, 2019
Some fans were able to purchase their tickets a day earlier on Thursday with a promotional code.
I was REALLY going to let the universe take the wheel on if I went to Coachella or not by if I got tickets today…
My Loyalty Pre-Sale link still worked so moral of the story is, Round 3
— kamz (@kameorae) June 14, 2019
My sisters boyfriend is buying me my coachella ticket he’s totally getting brownie points.
— Ruthless (@Rblvd) June 14, 2019
The advance sale was not without its frustrations, however.
Me waiting for this coachella advance sale pic.twitter.com/AQe5IizB6E
— daniel ~ (@danohleary) June 14, 2019
T-10 minutes until I buy my Coachella ticket and my anxiety has me second guessing my entire life rn.
— B (@gay4pray) June 14, 2019
But for one person, the best coworker ever came through.
I had 2 meetings at work today back to back so I asked my coworker to buy my coachella ticket for me and not only did she succeed she had to wait through 3 website crashes and lines to do so. So if you ever say you have the best coworkers just know that that is a lie because I do
— Daisy Rhodes (@daisyerhodes) June 14, 2019
This is a developing story. Check back for updates
Relive Coachella 2019 with our photos and stories from the festival’s 20th anniversary:
- Coachella 2019: The 8 differences between Weekend 1 and Weekend 2
- Coachella 2019: Our 50 best photos from Weekend 1
- Coachella 2019: Photos of festival fashion and outfits from Weekend 1
- Coachella 2019: These photos show you what it actually looks like to be at the festival
- Coachella love: These couples talk first kisses, surprise proposals and romance at the festival
- Coachella 2019: These festival fans have been going since the beginning
- Coachella 2019: Our 50 best photos from Weekend 2
- Coachella 2019: These photos show you the Weekend 2 vibes
- Coachella 2019: Photos of festival fashion and outfits from Weekend 2
- Coachella 2019: These photos show you what Kanye West’s Sunday Service looked like
- Coachella 2019: Love the giant astronaut? Get a closer look at this interactive graphic of Poetic Kinetics’ ‘Overview Effect’
- Coachella 2019: From augmented reality to food delivery, tech plays increasing role in the festivities
- You’re never too old for Coachella: Meet 70-year-old Susan Phillips, a festival first-timer
- Coachella 2019: In Coachella’s 20th year, the art works are fewer, but grander in scale
- Coachella’s astronaut has returned, go behind the scenes with how Poetic Kinetics brought it back
Note from WSOE.Org : This content has been auto-generated from a syndicated feed.