Easter is here! It's time to enjoy a long weekend of relaxation – or the fun of entertaining a houseful of people. Either way, you'll want to stock up on snacks, treats and household basics.
As well as offering a great range of everyday products, New World stores have a butchery packed with fresh cuts – and the seafood selection will get your guests' mouths watering.
At New World, we love sustainable seafood and even have our own fishing quota. From snapper to delicious blue cod, you'll have it fresh on your plate, sustainably caught.
This Easter, you can turn food shopping with the kids into a treat too, because the New World Epic Easter Hunt is back! All you have to do is head in-store, download the app and start hunting!
Herbed Crumbed Fish
PREPARATION & COOKING 30 MINUTES
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill, plus fronds to serve
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 4 x 125g white fish fillets
- Crusty bread to serve
BAKED FENNEL & TOMATOES
1 fennel, trimmed, sliced, fronds
250g cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to hot, 200°C.
2. BAKED FENNEL & TOMATOES. Toss fennel and tomatoes on an oven tray with oil. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden and tender.
3. In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parsley, dill, parmesan and zest.
4. Press crumb mixture firmly and evenly onto each fillet. Arrange fish on top of fennel mixture. Bake for 10 minutes or until fish is golden and cooked through. Serve topped with reserved dill fronds and crusty bread.
- Try bass, ling, blue-eye trevalla or salmon fillets.
- Use day-old bread for the breadcrumbs – remove crusts and process.
- If you don't have cherry tomatoes, use whole tomatoes cut into wedges.
Marinated Beef with Mediterranean Vegetables
Did you know
New World stores have qualified butchers who prepare fresh cuts of meat daily — they'll even give you great advice on how to cook them!
PREPARATION & COOKING 35 MINUTES (PLUS MARINATING)
- 1kg round steak
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 3 courgettes, sliced
- 2 large eggplants, cut into wedges
- 2 yellow capsicums, seeded, cut into wedges
- 4 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 lemon, zest grated, juice squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ cup parsley leaves to serve
1. In a medium bowl, toss steak with half oil and seasoning. Chill for 1 hour. In a large bowl, toss vegetables with remaining oil, zest, juice and garlic. Season. Marinate for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Grease and line two oven trays. Preheat chargrill pan on high.
3. Grill onion, courgette, eggplant and capsicum in 5-6 batches for 1-2 minutes each side or until tender. Grill tomato for 30 seconds each side. Transfer vegetables to trays then bake for 8-10 minutes.
4. Bring steak to room temperature and grill for 2 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil for 3 minutes.
5. Thinly slice steak and toss with resting juices. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
The New World epic Easter hunt is back…
This time it's got Golden Eggs! Kids (and adults) can find virtual Golden Eggs in-store and win a limited-edition New World soft toy bunny. So how do you play? All you have to do is download the New World Epic Easter Hunt app from the App Store or Google Play and find the virtual eggs hidden around the store. Get hunting at your local New World supermarket this Easter, from April 1 – 21.
Note from WSOE.Org : This content has been auto-generated from a syndicated feed.