Picnics can be lots of fun and it doesn’t have to cost a fortune – it’s what sunny days are made more.
Whether you’re planning a fun day out with the family or a quiet afternoon under the sun with someone special, all it takes is a few easy meals, your favourite drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) and you’re all set and ready to go. Don’t forget your blanket.
Take the stress out of your planning by trying these simple recipes by Chef Peter Ayub of Sense of Taste Chef School.
Spicy Bean Salad
This is a great salad for a picnic as it keeps well – and you can easily make it a day or 2 in advance. Simply keep it refrigerated.
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 x medium sized green pepper, chopped into small cubes
- 1 x medium sized red onion finely chopped
- A good generous handful of fresh Coriander roughly chopped
- 1 x tin of baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 x tin of Butter beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 x small fresh chilli – finely chopped – you can increase the amount of the chilli depending on how spicy you want to make the salad
- Combine all ingredients together and mix well
- Season with Oryx Desert Salt and Oryx Desert Pepper
- Buy good quality focaccia bread
- 2 beef minute steaks per person (you will need to cut your focaccia bread to size)
- English or Dijon mustard
- Feta cheese
- Pea shoots or parsley
- Season your minute steaks with Oryx Desert Salt and Oryx Desert Pepper.
- Flash fry at high heat,
- Spread the mustard onto the bottom layer of the focaccia
- Then add slices of tomato (don’t forget to season the tomato)
- Then lettuce, then minute steaks, feta cheese and pea shoots or parsley
Note from WSOE.Org : This content has been auto-generated from a syndicated feed.