Centennial Public School evacuated due to chlorine fumes

A downtown school has been evacuated as firefighters respond to a chlorine spill at the school’s pool.

Centennial Public School reported that all students, staff and children at the Centretown Daycare have moved to the nearby Bronson Centre due to chlorine fumes in the school.

“We are all safe and waiting for word from the (Ottawa Carleton District School Board) about our next steps,” the school said via social media.

Firefighters were called to 376 Gloucester St. at 9:05 a.m. after a call from building maintenance regarding a triggered alarm. The concern was that chlorine had been spilled in the pool equipment room.

The building was evacuated as a precaution, the fire department said. No injuries were reported.

Firefighters were one scene and the hazmat team had been dispatched to the scene.

 

 

 

***

Note from WSOE.Org : This content has been auto-generated from a syndicated feed.