If you are interested in the AirCheckTexas Drive a Clean Machine program, a Texas program that provides assistance for owners of vehicles that won’t pass emissions tests, note that changes for eligibility requirements for ALL replacement vehicles took effect on September 1, 2018.
AirCheckTexas, administered by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, does two things to help get polluting cars off roadways. It either helps income-qualified drivers replace their vehicle or helps pay for repair costs so their car passes emissions tests. It provides qualifying motorists vouchers worth up to $3,000 toward vehicle replacement ($3,500 for hybrids and some other fuel-efficient models) or repair vouchers of up to $600. Many Car Pro Show Dealers are approved to administer this program.
Sixteen Texas counties take part in the program. Applicants must meet income criteria you can find here. For example, currently a family of four earning $73,300 or less per year may receive assistance. Assistance is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Austin Program Area
- Dallas-Fort Worth Program Area
- Houston-Galveston-Brazoria Program Area
- Fort Bend
Model Year Eligibility Changes
Effective September 1, 2018, eligible vehicles for purchase are:
- Model year 2019-2016 cars, SUVs, and vans and Model year 2019-2017 pickup trucks that have been certified to meet federal Tier 2, Bin 5 or cleaner Tier 2 Bin standards or Tier 3, Bin 160 or cleaner Tier 3 Bin standards; and
- Model year 2019-2016 hybrid, electric, natural gas and all vehicles that have been certified to meet federal Tier 2, Bin 3 or cleaner Tier 2 Bin standards or Tier 3, Bin 85 or cleaner Tier 3 Bin standards.
- List of eligible 2019 model year vehicles,(changed annually Sept.1)
- List of eligible 2018 model year vehicles,(changed annually Sept.1)
- List of eligible 2017 model year vehicles (changed annually Sept.1)
- List of eligible 2016 model year vehicles (changed annually Sept. 1)
All vehicles sold on or after September 1 must meet the new eligibility criteria, regardless of the voucher’s date of issue or expiration, or status of ongoing sales negotiations with the dealer.
After August 31, 2018, these vehicles were no longer eligible:
- Model year 2015 cars, SUVs, and vans;
- Model year 2016 trucks.
Find out how to apply for a voucher here: https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airquality/mobilesource/vim/how_to_apply.html
The post Austin, DFW, Houston Listeners Check Out AirCheck Texas appeared first on Car Pro.
Note from WSOE.Org : This content has been auto-generated from a syndicated feed.