Baking can be fun – but it can also be very time consuming and messy.
So why not make life simpler with these totally legit baking short-cuts and swap-outs?
Speaking to pastry chef, Carmen Eksteen of Carmen Eksteen Patisseries, these are her best baking hacks to ensure everything you bake is top notch, practical and more easier.
- Wrap your cakes in cling film: This helps the cake to be more moist.
- Make your own baking powder: When you don’t have baking powder at home you can make your own by mixing one teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda with two teaspoon of cream of tartar
- When stacking your cake put it in your freezer for ten minutes this will allow the cake to set quick and give you a much steady cake when it comes to icing.
- It is important to use room temperature eggs when it comes to baking as it prevents batters from splitting. To do so add your egg to a bowl of hot water for five to ten minutes.
- Always use parchment paper in your cake tins this helps the cakes from sticking to the bottom of the tin.
Note from WSOE.Org : This content has been auto-generated from a syndicated feed.